Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Great Weekend

I had a wonderful weekend. Really, it was the best. Emilia and I spent the late morning at Mayfest Arts Fair, Saturday. I have my favorite festivals but this one may be my most favorite. It’s held every Mother's Day weekend at Gratz Park. It celebrates the literary, visual, and performing arts. The weather is usually perfect for this family-friendly event, and this year was no exception. We enjoyed our favorite wood-fire pizza (we usually enjoy this at the farmer’s market). We made some awesome purchases, and gave some love to the sweet farm animals at the petting zoo.

IMG_8942IMG_8936
IMG_8937IMG_8957

I bought Emilia a lovely linen dress handmade in Ecuador. I can’t wait for her to wear it, it’s so pretty.

IMG_8917IMG_8919

I scored a couple of pairs of handmade earrings. Again, I can’t wait to wear them. The turquoise one’s will go with everything! 

IMG_8931

I adore this handmade wooden train I bought. I would love to collect more of them. Makes me look forward to the next art fair.

IMG_8929 - Version 2IMG_9005IMG_8950

Frolicking and having fun!

IMG_8960IMG_8961IMG_9002

The baby goats were cute!

IMG_8976IMG_8991IMG_8980IMG_8983

Saturday evening we went to the airport to pick up Chris. After our amazing vacation (more on that to come) I had missed my hubby and couldn’t wait for his homecoming. Emilia hadn’t seen her Daddy in well over a week and was pretty excited to see him. We waited outside the airport for a few minutes before going in to meet Daddy.

IMG_9014IMG_9021

Showing me how the airplanes fly high in the sky.

IMG_9026IMG_9025IMG_9024IMG_9034

Love.

IMG_9035IMG_9036

Today we celebrated Mother’s Day after church with brunch on the patio at Azur. The food was great, the weather – not so much. It was a cool and rainy day. Outdoor heaters kept us warm while we chowed on French Toast, and Chicken and Sage Hash. Yum.

IMG_9045

Happy Mother's Day to all you amazing Mama’s out there!

2 comments:

  1. Great pics! :) Happy Mother's Day to you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Leah! I hope your Mother's Day was great, as well!

    ReplyDelete