Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sun–Shiny Day

It’s been nearly two weeks since I’ve written. Eleven days ago a devastating tornado hit my hometown. Families lost their homes and business owners lost their businesses. We drove there the day after to see our families. They were all ok, but so many others we not so lucky. My heart was so heavy. As a parent, I thought of all the children in the community. After coming back home from seeing the unbelievable damage, I cried and felt so helpless. I contacted everyone I knew in Lexington for help. We collected donations and delivered them last weekend (and are continuing to do so). I am so thankful to friends and even strangers who opened their hearts to help others in need. It will be a long road for the victims of the storm but I think they can see clearly now, the rain is gone. There’s nothing but blue skies.


Today was a beautiful day. We went to the library this morning for story time as usual. After Emilia’s nap we went to the playground near our house and spent the whole afternoon. The sun was shining, the wind was blowing, and the weather was perfect. We really enjoyed what seemed to be Springtime. Emilia even made a new friend, Sawyer. She was shy at first but I think she liked him. ;)

IMG_8200

The new window display at the library is so pretty. I LOVE cherry blossoms!
IMG_8125IMG_8127IMG_8129IMG_8148

Just a swingin'

IMG_8159

IMG_8161IMG_8169

She found a little puddle of water. Might as well have been a huge puddle. She had a ball.
IMG_8178IMG_8184IMG_8185IMG_8194IMG_8182IMG_8172IMG_8193

Ending the day with a bit of DQ Mint Oreo Blizzard. YUM!
IMG_8224

1 comment:

  1. Sweet pics! Sounds like you're doing a good job helping out! :)

    ReplyDelete