Thursday, February 2, 2012

February: Chocolate, Hearts, and Love

February has always been one of my favorite months of the year. It includes my birthday and Valentine’s Day. When I was a little girl, I had chocolate heart shaped birthday cakes - what girl wouldn’t love that! As I grew older my love for chocolate did too. I consider it one of my favorite things. So, in honor of February and all things chocolate, hearts and love - I wanted to share my favorite chocolate recipe. Chocolate Truffle Pie. I’ve been making this dessert for several years. It’s my go-to dessert. I make it for friends, take it to parties, enjoy the whole thing myself sometimes. I love everything about it. It has simple ingredients made in one bowl, and tastes so delicious. It has a rich, dense filling like a truffle. Seriously, it’s divine.

IMG_7451

Chocolate Truffle Pie -

10 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate
1/2 cup whipping cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
 
Heat oven to 325°F.

Microwave chocolate and whipping cream in microwaveable bowl on high 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until completely melted. Cool.

Whisk in eggs, sugar and flour. Pour into lightly greased, 9-inch pie plate.

Bake 35 minutes or until edge of pie is puffed but center is still slightly soft.

 
* I like to serve each slice with a dusting of powdered sugar, and a dollop of whipped cream. For the photo above I used a heart shaped cookie cutter to slice, and didn’t add the whipped cream. However, you must enjoy with whipped cream. It's like icing on the cake!

 
IMG_7427
This is a heart shaped banner hanging on our mantle. It just makes me happy.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this! Do you use all-purpose flour? We're decorating our house with hearts, too! Love!

    ReplyDelete